Terms and conditions
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for Bear Cottage. We are delighted to have you join the team. Your support will help support children with life limiting conditions and their families.
When you register your fundraiser and accept the terms and conditions below, we will issue you with an official authorisation to fundraise on behalf of Bear Cottage (which will expire on one month after your event). You will then be authorised to organise a fundraising activity on behalf of Bear Cottage and communicate to the public that proceeds from your activity will be donated to us.
To help make sure that you are fundraising legally, please read and follow the conditions below, as well as follow the NSW Department of Fair Trading Conditions for Charitable Fundraising Authorities.
In fundraising for Bear Cottage, you are agreeing to:
- Gain approval and sign off for any correspondence, advertising, publicity or literature for the event, copy or design that mentions Bear Cottage , The Children's Hospital at Westmead or Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, before progressing to print, broadcast, or production.
- Direct all media enquiries to your contact at Bear Cottage.
- Not use the name or logo of Bear Cottage in a way which could damage our reputation.
- Send all funds you raise to Bear Cottage in a timely manner so we can start putting them to good use. You can send these in the form of a cheque or cash, or you can deposit directly into our account. This needs to be accompanied by all the relevant paperwork relating to your fundraising.
- Please make any cheques payable Bear Cottage. Post them to us Bear Cottage, PO Box 2500, Manly NSW 1655 or direct deposit to Bear Cottage BSB: 062 230, Account number: 1133 1137, using your authority number as the reference.
- Minimise expenses, to make sure as much money as possible can be used to help sick and injured children. By law, you must not exceed expenses of 50% of gross income from the activity and you should aim to fall well within this limit.
- Not use any funds from auctions, raffles or donations to offset the costs of the event. You may use funds from ticket sales and sponsorship agreements to cover costs.
Please note: any donations to your fundraising over $2 are tax deductible. Auction items, sponsorship, tickets to events, raffle tickets or any instances where the donor receives something in return are NOT tax deductible and a receipt will not be issued
Understand that Bear Cottage will not pay invoices relating to expenses resulting from your activity, but our team is happy to discuss and advise you of the management of such expenses.
Be responsible for obtaining public liability insurance for your event. Bear Cottage does not carry liability insurance on behalf of our fundraisers.